CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION

Historical sites and monuments

31350 BOULOGNE-SUR-GESSE

Contact

église – boulogne ― OTI Coeur et Coteaux du Comminges
église – boulogne ― OTI Coeur et Coteaux du Comminges
BOULOGNE SUR GESSE ― © OTI Coeur et Coteaux du Comminges
eglise – orgue – boulogne ― OTI Coeur et Coteaux du Comminges
eglise – orgue – peinture – boulogne ― OTI Coeur et Coteaux du Comminges
éscalier – église – boulogne ― OTI Coeur et Coteaux du Comminges

About

Elle est située au centre de la bastide édifiée en 1283, l'abbé Taillefer, supérieur de l'abbaye cistercienne de Nizors

In 1283, Abbot Taillefer, superior of the Cistercian abbey of Nizors, founded the bastide town of Boulogne. The church was started around this time but finalised later. It used to have a rectangular plan. Side chapels were added in the 15th century. The base of the square tower forms a vaulted porch, supported by large square pillars. The spire above the bell tower was destroyed by lightning in 1883 and rebuilt in 1890. The lower part is one of the rare testimonies of 14th century bastide architecture.

Labels & Categories

  • Historical sites and monuments

Specialized Hosting

  • Self-guided tour
  • Guided group tour on request
  • Average visit duration: 1 hour

Equipments & Services

  • Accessible
Visite
CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION
31350 BOULOGNE-SUR-GESSE